Thursday, September 1, 2011

Rise

In the morning
I Rise

I Rise and see the sun
waking up to another
day the Lord has given

I Rise beyond my fear
to him I give my worries
I must hold strong
and tell my story

I Rise because I am a survivor
I can hold my head up high
it is what keeps me alive

I Rise above my faults
for I am only human
and at times I too get lost

I Rise to walk the halls
were my ancestors once
fought hard for us all

I Rise for the sake of humanity
for every woman man and child
to have faith in their community

I Rise in the absence of those
who can't speak on behalf
of themselves against
war and violence

I Rise to see the day there
will be no color lines and
all my people can shine

I Rise in the mist of hope
for many of us are losing
our lives to poverty
gang banging and dope

I Rise to bring world peace
will you stand will me

Are all of our freedom
riders diseased

No comments:

Post a Comment