Saturday, September 17, 2011

A Thought Provoked

frantic thoughts of ancestors hung
are fueling my emotions
horrific images in my minds eye
fill my heart with tears of passion
crying out to Jehovah
with questions I've been asking
Lord I feel so much pain
although I'm still young
I refuse to close my eyes to the truth
in this life I've been given
I must make a stand and teach the youth
as I pray to you now I need your guidance
show me your way I want to walk in your footprints
There are too many of us out here dying young
losing our lives prematurely
Victims of our own community
how do I tell my own you need a reason to live
When this world bring so much suffering and pain
while everyone else is singing and dancing in the rain
We are mother of all children but somehow it got reversed
my people walk threw life as though we've all been cursed
I refuse to believe that there isn't any hope
Yet I remain confused like a base head on dope
Father if you hear me please take my hand
as I extend mine to your children to freedom land
A thought provoked

No comments:

Post a Comment