Friday, January 27, 2012

Black Roses



I died a thousand times
in his arms
The pain was unbearable
Not even his charm
could get us through
the inevitable
The simple thought
of him lovin' another
broke my heart into
tiny little pieces
Although he want
to bury our past
I carry the memory
in my thesis
Can't push past the pain
it is apart of who we are
I've tried time and time again
but it didn't get us far
Truth be told I knew
we wouldn't make it
Cause my love for him was genuine
and he simply tried to fake it
I always knew it would be hard
for us to say good bye
But now is the final hour
No love for you and I
I gave the very best I had to offer
foolish as it may seem
He left me broken hearted
cryin' in my sleep
I bring to you a token
of what our love has come to
Black Roses two dozen to be exact
for each year that I got through
I have no regrets quite honestly
for I thought our love was sacred
Who would of known we'd end up here
apart because we didn't make it

No comments:

Post a Comment