Friday, December 16, 2011

LaTicia Michelle'






When the
doctor gave 
me the news 
It was quite 
a surprise 
I never regret 
the day that 
I gave my 
daughter life 
Baby lock 
was her name 
when she was 
in the womb 
Until that 
special day 
that I delivered 
her in the 
hospital room 
She was a 
special gift 
to me give it
up to the
master 
born on 
December 16 
to parents 
who couldn't 
be happier 
I looked to 
make sure 
she had 
all of her 
fingers 
and toes 
A healthy 
little girl 
Born into 
a family 
with love 
She remains 
focused 
and grounded 
What more 
could a
mother 
ask for
A butter fly 
waiting 
to spread 
her wings 
It's her 21st 
I release 
her from 
the cocoon
If she ever
needs me 
I'd be a 
shoulder 
to lean on 
But I know 
she'll be 
just fine 
Because 
I raised her 
to be young 
wise black
 and strong

No comments:

Post a Comment